The School Planning and Architecture (SPA), Mysore was established in the year 2015-16 in the University of Mysore, Mysuru. There are two Departments in SPA namely Department of Planning and Department of Architecture. The Urban and Regional Planning Courses namely M.Tech Urban and Regional Planning Courses and PhD were started in 1971 at the Institute of Development Studies and Architecture Courses namely B. Arch and M.Arch (Urban Design) were started in 2002 at the University School of Design(USD) in the University of Mysore. The School of Planning and Architecture was started by amalgamating Urban and Regional Planning courses of IDS and Architecture Courses of USD for the purpose of academic and research activities. The Planning Courses are recognised by the Institute of Town Planners India (ITPI), New Delhi and Architecture Courses are recognised by the Council of Architecture (CoA), New Delhi. The School of Planning and Architecture has been ranked seventh nationally by India Today in 2021.
Facilities of the School
The School started functioning in a newly built School of Planning Architecture Building which is strategically located within the University of Mysore Campus. The SPA campus is situated in a 15-acres land with a built-up area of 84,000 sq.ft. with state-of-the-art facilities. The building houses 18 studio-cum-lecture halls of international standard; library, computer lab (with all required software and Wi-Fi facilities for the entire School) 350-capacity Auditorium; 1500- capacity amphitheatre; individual faculty rooms; in-house stationery shop; cafe & canteen facilities and sports & games.
|Designed & Developed by SPA, University of Mysore|